Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shower recap


Last week my friend Stephanie and I hosted a bridal shower for our friend Galit. I thought that the fruit arrangement stylings of Steph should be displayed here. I can't help from reviewing this photo over and over. Steph, you made the fruit look so beautiful!! Following that is a picture of the apple tart that I made with some help from my mom. It looked beautiful, but the crust came out too hard for my liking. I had to shuttle it away from the table and cut it into slices hidden from view, for fear of tart flying off the plate, or worse yet, breaking Stephanie's cake plate. The filling was practically all apples: the filling sauteed apples with a small amount of sugar, and the topping raw apple slices. (The theme of the shower being a "tea," fruit and fruit tarts came to mind as being appropriate!)


As it turned out, the most rewarding part of the whole event wasn't the amount of sugar involved, but seeing the bride-to-be so happy with our work.






No comments: